Re: T/EC integration with NV

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: T/EC integration with NV
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 07:51:26 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
According to Scott's comments below, it sounds like we must actually install
the "TEC Console" binary code on the NetView Server system.  Could someone
who has installed TIPN before please confirm?  If this is true, it seems to
me that the TIPN docs are incorrect?  If what I am hearing is correct, it
sounds like the TEC Event Server MUST BE installed in the same TMR as the
NetView Server.  If this is not a true statement, how can I configure the
TEC Event Server in a different TMR from where the NetView Server is
installed?

Joe

Joe,

I am not familiar with the problem you are having installing the TEC
console but I can confirm that, for the TIPN TEC/NetView integration to
work, the console code must actually be installed on the NetView server.

Scott Donohoo
Tivoli Customer Support Team (NetView for Unix)