Re: T/EC integration with NV

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: T/EC integration with NV
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:34:06 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
So does the TEC server *have* to be in the same TMR as the NV Server?  Page
5-2 of the TIPN docs. states "You must have a TEC server available in the
TMR in which NetView is installed."  It goes on to state "It is possible to
use the data from a TEC server located in a TMR other than that on which the
TEC Integration component is installed, if the TMRs are interconnected."

Well, we have an interconnected TMR, but I am having problems getting the
TEC Console component installed on the NV Server in this configuration.
Tivoli support seems to think that it is not possible to install the binary
TEC Console component on a system outside of the TMR where the TEC Server is
installed, even if the TMRs are interconnected - is this true?  I am able to
install an "Event Console" icon on the NV system, but am receiving messages
such as "EventServerGUI not found" when attempting an install of the "TEC
Event Console" binary files on the NV server in this configuration.  So, is
it possible to do what I want to do in this environment, or must the TEC
Server and NV 5.1 be installed in the *same* TMR???  Thanks,

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive
St. Paul, MN  55123