Re: Deleting events on a backup server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Deleting events on a backup server
From: SHANKS@TIVOLI.COM
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 10:48:50 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Cannot be done.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jon Needes <jon.needes@ATS.UK.EDS.COM> on 11/09/98 04:49:35 AM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

To:   NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU
cc:    (bcc: James Shanks)
Subject:  Deleting events on a backup server

We intend to have two identical NetView servers so that one can act as a
backup for the other.  From postings on the list I have seen that others
are doing the same thing.  We have been able to copy our NetView
configuration from one NetView server to the other successfully.  There
appears to be no problem about events being reported on both servers.

The problem we anticipate will occur when a user deletes events at one
of the NetView servers.  We want the events to be deleted from the other
server automatically.  We have not yet figured out how we can do this,
or if it can be done.  If anyone has any advice we will be pleased to
receive it.

Thanks in advance

Jon Needes
EDS, Hook, UK