Re: Optivity NMS on NetView v5.1 and AIX v4.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Optivity NMS on NetView v5.1 and AIX v4.3
From: Paul Anderson <paul.anderson@AMALI.GLOBALNET.CO.UK>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:35:03 -0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Could I clarify exactly what is meant by 'supported'. We are on Netview 4.1
and having recently upgraded to Optivity 8.1 and installed the 8.1.0.2 patch
I was disappointed to find that
a)  Expanded view no longer works for our 5000 hubs nor our 2814 hubs. It
only works for our 303 switches!?!
b) Threshold Manager doesn't actually set thresholds in our 303 switches!?!
c) Netarchitect just wouldn't start up!?! and
d) We now get an 'Error during reading background file' message whenever we
start up Netview!?!. These have all been reported to Bay but I can't say
I'll be holding my breath.....anyone got any suggestions?

regards Paul

PS the upgrade itself was pretty painful...the notes just aren't
accurate....why do we put up with this!?!?!