Re: Cisco Traps: Trap found with no known format in trapd.conf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cisco Traps: Trap found with no known format in trapd.conf
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 14:42:51 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
My understanding is that you can get a large addtrap script from Cisco
support which will add all their traps to trapd.conf.  I thought you could
just download it from their website, but perhaps my information is old.
Can anyone confirm this?

Failing that you could try running mib2trap against the MIBs you have and
see if it will create small addtraps scripts for you.  You would then run
these to update trapd.conf.  I am assuming you have NetView V5.1.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jeff Singer <JSinger@METRICOM.COM> on 01/05/99 01:46:31 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>