Re: Node down - Node Up

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Node down - Node Up
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:54:27 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>

I would say that there was at least one other interface on that device that
was not up. So the one you
saw go down was the last 'up' one, leaving none, so the node was declared
'down'. When that same
interface came up, there was still one or more interfaces not up, so there
was no 'node up' event.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 02-18-99

"MENEZES, ALAIN" <a.menezes@ASLK-CGER.BE> on 02-18-99 07:02:23 AM