Re: Transcend on Netview 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Transcend on Netview 5.1
From: "MENEZES, ALAIN" <a.menezes@ASLK-CGER.BE>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:14:47 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Here's what was said last week .... still investigating

"I heard of problems running 3COM's Transcend V 5.0 on the same AIX box
as
NetView, in a way that Transcend runs a separate SNMP daemon and
occupies
port 162. Thus NetView's daemons are not able to start. The installation
manual says that "Transcend NCS/U v5.0 can be installed standalone on a
system running IBM/Tivoli NetView". Has somebody any experience with
this
subject?"

Alain Menezes
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          Tel.:  +32 2 228.55.74
Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48                               Fax.:  +32 2 228.83.69
1000  Bruxelles                                         Email:
a.menezes@aslk-cger.be