Re: Transcend on Netview 5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Transcend on Netview 5.1
From: Jeanie Cham <yccham@NCS.COM.SG>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:14:05 +0800
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi Steve,

Oh, you mean I can just trick Transcend to think that I'm using a lower version
of
Netview?  Have you tried this before?  Can I upgrade Netview with the
dependencies &
then manually change the version of Netview Transcend is expected to see
(perhaps in
one of the config files)?

I've also used Netview 5.1 on AIX 4.2.1 with only occassional problem.  Any
problem
installing Netview 5.1 on AIX 4.3.1?

Thanks for your tip!

cheers,