Re: NetView 5.1 Install Failure on aix4-r1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView 5.1 Install Failure on aix4-r1
From: Ziyad Choudhury <ziyad@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 15:57:47 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Looks very familiar,
We ran into the same problem this week. Tivoli is encrypted. I guess they
do not want to make it user friendly at all...
This is what I got from James Shanks ant it worked....

Unless you want to locate and install these files manually, by typing in
their names, you should use SMIT to add an additional language environement
- English (United States) IBM-850.  This will automatically install them.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

But one thing we found that we needed to run cleanup scripts and then
reinstall the Netview 5.1 patch and then reinstalled the
Netview server code again..............

Rgds

Ziyad Choudhury
B 010 / 2D-03