Re: Monitoring network traffic

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Monitoring network traffic
From: "Redding, Jennifer" <jredding@ISO-NE.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 10:10:42 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I don't know much about network monitoring.  All I know is we want to
gather enough information about our network so that when a problem
occurs, we can target the cause of the problem.

We have two segments in our network and one network manager.  We have
NetView installed and configured to monitor all the resources on the
network.  I have looked into using the Mid-level manager but it appears
that you need more than one manager to use the MLM.

Thank you for responding.
Jennifer

Jennifer Redding
Andersen Consulting