Web Server Security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Web Server Security
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:30:56 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

I am running Netview 5.1 over Framework 3.6  on AIX  4.3.2. I have couple issues/problems with the Web server.

1. I run other things on my Netview machine, and require web access for those. THe thing is, I don't want users to have to type in a username and password to access my non-Netview web pages, but I do want Netview security turned on. Is there a way to do this? I've heard of having Netview running over a different port in Netview 5.1.1? Would this solve my problem? (I don't currently have Netview 5.1.1). Or is this an AIX issue, where I'd have to install 2 web servers on one machine? (not sure if that's even possible)...

2. As I've mentioned earlier in this discussion, my IP root map does not take up the full available screen and is shrunk and pushed to the top left corner.. Anyone else have similar problems?

THanks for your time!

Matt Ashfield