Re: Web Server Security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web Server Security
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:55:54 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The labels show up if you have the resolution for it. If you have a nice
monitor on a Windows box,
do the properties thing that lets you change the resolution of the display
to 1280x1024, and if your
map is of reasonable density, the labels will appear. Same as on the server
console. Icons too
small => no labels.

There are some entries in app-defaults/OVw to give you control over how
small they have to get
before the labels disappear (on the server) but I've found that the default
settings are the nicest,
and use it as an indicator that my map is too complex. I wonder what
changing that would do to
the web client? Nothing? Something awful? If you try it, don't change it
much. Like drop it from
8 to 6 or something. Otherwise they end up overlapping a lot.

Hi,

I just tried the adding a background image then removing it and it worked.
Now my web interface shows the maps correctly. I guess we should add this
to the workaround list!

Another quick question regarding the Web Interface. Mine does not show the
labels for my symbols until I click on the symbol. Is this how it is
supposed to work? Is this simply a fonts issue? Is there a way to increase
the size of the fonts?

Cheers

Matt Ashfield
mda@unb.ca