Re: Web Server Security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web Server Security
From: Jorge Jiles <Jorge.Jiles@UALBERTA.CA>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:46:57 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Concerning your point number 2, I have the same problem. The only way that
I found to fix this situation is to use a very high resolution; something
like 1280x1024 pixels. Of course the fonts get very small and is hard to
use the workstation for anything else than Netview web browsing. I tried on
a PC with a better video card than mine and it seems to do a better job; at
least it displays the map properly.
        If you find some other way to fix this problem please let me know.

Good luck.

At 11:30 AM 3/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>    Hi all,      4.3.2. I have couple issues/problems with the Web  server.
>  1. I run other things on my Netview machine, and  require web access for
>those. THe thing is, I don't want users to have to type  in a username and
>password to access my non-Netview web pages, but I do want  Netview
>security turned on. Is there a way to do this? I've heard of having
>Netview running over a different port in Netview 5.1.1? Would this solve my
> problem? (I don't currently have Netview 5.1.1). Or is this an AIX issue,
>where  I'd have to install 2 web servers on one machine? (not sure if
>that's even  possible)...    2. As I've mentioned earlier in this
>discussion,  my IP root map does not take up the full available screen and
>is shrunk and  pushed to the top left corner.. Anyone else have similar
>problems?   THanks for your time!   Matt Ashfield mda@unb.ca
.
Jorge A. Jiles
Network Analyst