Re: paging functions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: paging functions
From: "Day, Glen" <gday@ISO-NE.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:42:32 -0500
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
In UNIX, we use sendmail or mail to send pager alerts. Note, however,
that are pagers are alpha-numeric and are supported by email
notification rather than directly being paged via dialup and phone tone
input. I believe that if the pagers aren't alpha-numeric, you may
require a modem line for paging.

Glen Day
Andersen Consulting
Washington, DC