Re: paging functions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: paging functions
From: Don Helms <dhelms@SW.ORG>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:33:50 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
We use both email and direct modem TAPI paging.
If your pager company supports email paging, just
send the message to the pager ID.

For us it's "pager-phone-number"@mobile.att.net
with the text of the email showing up on an
alpha pager.

In our case we use AT&T paging and they're pretty
busy.  The email process takes about 45 minutes to
get the message accepted by their mail system.

Modem dial-up into their system usually sends out
a page in about 1-2 minutes.

-Don