Re: paging functions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: paging functions
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:19:29 -0600
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I would not recommend NetView nvpagerd if you are talking about paging for
an entire large enterprise.  We tried to use that, but had performance
problems.  It is also not very scalable and accessible to other systems in
your environment.  We use TelAlert by Telamon and are satisfied with it.  It
runs in a client-server environment and is very scalable.  It is relatively
easy to configure and very very expandable and powerful in a large
enterprise.

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive