Re: Changing status... The Word from Support

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Changing status... The Word from Support
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 13:31:06 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have an application that is sending traps to my Netview 5.1 on NT.
How can I implement this on NT? I have tried to convert the script file
to a NT batch file.  I can issue the batch file and it shows up in the
event viewer, but it doesn't change the status of the icons.

nvsnmptrap XU .1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1
NVTEST 6 58916871 ""
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1.1.2.0 Integer 14
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1.1.3.0 OctetString %COMPUTERNAME%
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1.1.4.0 OctetString "Object status is"
.1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1.1.5.0 OctetString %1

If anyone got this working on NT, I could really use you help.

Thanks
Xu He :)

=== message truncated ===