Re: netview 5.1.1/nt and trapd/netmon problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview 5.1.1/nt and trapd/netmon problems
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:49:41 -0700
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Make sure you update the stored procedures on your SQL Server.
Everytime you make a change the ODBC driver I'd think you have to
modify the stored procedure on the server.  You can run the command
from the \winnt\system32 directory.

ISQL /Usa /S(name of your server) /iinstcat.sql

Also, you may want to setup maintenance procedures for all of your
databases.  During the initial discovery process, you my want to
temporarily stops the
discovery, truncate the transactions logs on tempdb.  Check you log
under \MSSQL\log\errorlog.  Make sure it is not getting to large.

Also, do you have snmpcollect running? if you do, try shutting it down
temporarily.  It may improve the performance.  Also, it won't fill up
the tempdb as quickly.

Xu He
Network Solutions, Inc