Re: netview 5.1.1/nt and trapd/netmon problems

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview 5.1.1/nt and trapd/netmon problems
From: OGrant <OGrant@PEC.COM>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 09:01:52 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Interesting - I went back to 5.1 as well, while retaining MDAC 2.0 - no
improvement in the time (2-3 minutes) it takes event browser to come up;
also, ovstart and ovstop are *extremely* sluggish.  Did receive dr. watson
errors, but I can't remember under what circumstances/what was happening
when they occurred.  I'll be investigating further, as well as watching
trapd closely - I'm strongly suspecting odbc driver problems here, but can't
pinpoint them.  I enabled sql tracing, but nothing's being written to the
file, strangely enough.
Traps are being received and processed, as well as being written to the sql
database - demand polling also working intermittendly, but this might be
traced to snmp timeouts/transmission problems, not any faults with netmon.

Oliver Grant