Re: Netmon Stops Discovering

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netmon Stops Discovering
From: Paul Fordy <paul.fordy@VIRGIN.NET>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 01:46:30 +0100
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Are you using NT DNS because this caused us loads of problems especially
if reverse resolution does not always match forward resolution?

I added all my devices to the /etc/hosts file and all worked well. It's
now on my todo list to sort out later - especially as I don't have
control over our DNS server.