Re: $NVATTR attribute

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: $NVATTR attribute
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 14:29:26 -0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I have used the $NVATTR_ variable in other scripts, but this one is giving
me problems.
I just did what you said, with the nvcorrd and you were right, it doesn't
contain the info I want. The UPS is sending the trap, and it's getting
processed, but $NVATTR_ variables do not contain the same type of info as
traps received from other enterprises.
The question I have then is how come in my control desk I have a description
of the trap. If it's there, shouldn't I be able to pass it in a script
somewhere? Or is Netview just looking at the trap number, and doing a lookup
of the description for trap and displaying it? I figure if the info is in
the control desk, I should be able to get at it...

Thanks

Matt
mda@unb.ca