Re: $NVATTR attribute

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: $NVATTR attribute
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 15:23:18 -0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Jan,
When I looked at hte format in the logs, none of the variables contained the
info I wanted...Here's what it looked like:

1999/05/25 14:52:17    nl_CorrDnodes.C[439] :   forwarding EventInst:
                                             Event CID(1422) 14:52:16

Attr(EnterpriseID='(char,1.3.6.1.4.1.705.1.11)')
                                                  Attr(Generic='(ulong,6)')
                                                  Attr(Specific='46')

Attr(Origin='(ulong,2211054374)')

Attr(sysUpTime='(ulong,36055922)')

Attr(Community='(char,commname)')
                                                  Attr(Category='(ulong,6)')
                                                  Attr(Source='(char,A)')
                                                  Attr(Severity='(ulong,3)')

So what I figure is Netview looks at the specific trap, and correlates that
to a trap message or something...When I changed my script around to produce
$NVATTR_1,  $NVATTR_2 and $NVATTR_3
I got the output:
6 A 3
So I am somewhat confused as to whether this is a NetView issue or whether
it's a problem with my UPS software...

Cheers

Matt