Re: Netview/SNMP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview/SNMP
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 07:58:36 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
I've got a pmr open, and the tech tells me I should install it on TEC to be
able to receive traps from our ups's which has a rule base compiled on TEC. I'm
alittle confused because I've thought all along that the Netview server should
act as the main snmp manager.

>>> James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM> 06/25 6:50 PM >>>
A TEC adapter is a piece of code which ships events to TEC in a language he
undertands.  The TEC server is about the only place you probably would not
install a TEC adapter.   You can run the TEC SNMP adapter in the same box as
NetView, though few people do.  It was originally designed by TEC to install on
boxes which had no SNMP manager to report to.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM> on 06/25/99 02:21:01 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>