NWays: Installation help?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NWays: Installation help?
From: Matt Ashfield <mda@UNB.CA>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:01:48 -0300
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hi all,

I know this isen't an NWays forum, but I figure there may be a few people
here who run Nways. I've installed Nways 1.2.3 on AIX 4.3.2 and Netview
5.1.1...When I run nv6000 command, I get the error that ahmdbserver is not
running. I  check its status using ovstatus and it says:

 object manager name: ahmdbserver
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               NOT_RUNNING
 PID:                 -
 last message:        Process complete.
 exit status:         exit(99)

For some reason, none of my cml commands work. If I type cmlstatus, I get
nothing in return. My cmld, ahmclp and nvot_server daemons are running, but
none of the daemons they are supposed to start will run, namely ahmtopod,
iubd etc...These are the critical daemons for Nways, but they will not
run..I've modified my LIBPATH variable as suggested in the documentation,
and I believe that is correct now, but I'm still having these problems...ANy
suggestions?

Thanks for your time

Matt
mda@unb.ca