Re: cisco addtrap script

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: cisco addtrap script
From: Drew Wall <drwall@TEKSYSTEMS.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 08:21:44 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Arthur,
If you are talking about cisco's traps.script;
If you look closely at the script merge_trap is just a call for addtrap.  Their
syntax is off for versions 5.x so you have to run a few test to correct it.  I
think the script is actually missing a flag/switch, its been awhile.  Our system
(dev. system) ran fine after running the corrected script, but we did not
implement it in production.

Drew Wall
Enterprise Management
TEKsystems