Monitor Disk Status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Monitor Disk Status
From: Phat D Doan <pddoan@REGENCE.COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:00:20 -0700
I have NetView v5.1.1 on AIX and want to monitor disks space on Compaq
servers.   For example in NetView,

   I want to a create a submap that contains Computer/PC subclass icons of
   all the Compaq servers running Windows NT.
   Then in this submap, a child submap will  be created for each server
   that contains its internal disks (i.e. C, D, or E drive).
   After all these got created, I want to monitor each server disk space
   utilization using MLM to check for thresholds.
   If the disk space reached beyond a certain threshold, NetView would turn
   the icon from green to  yellow or red and vice versa.

Has anyone done this kind of monitoring in your environment?

I know that Compaq Insight Manager could do this task but I want to
monitoring it through Netview.  Thanks.

Phat