trapd.conf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: trapd.conf
From: "Chance, Larry" <lchance@SFBCIC.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:50:58 -0500
[ NetView for NT ]

There are several Enterprises in Trap Settings that I do not want displayed.
I figure I must edit trapd.conf to remove and/or comment out those I do not
want.
I recently had a bad experience editing the file nv.carriers and I do not
want
the same with editing trapd.conf.  Is it safe to use WRITE.EXE or
NOTEPAD.EXE
to make these changes and should I do an ovstop prior to making any changes
to trapd.conf?

Also, is it documented someplace what all these Enterprises are used with?
Such as:
rsvpNotifications
workgroup
vtpNotificationsPrefix
and on & on

Maybe there's some I really don't want to remove.  Are there any
dependencies?

Thanks very much,

Larry