Re: mistery MAP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: mistery MAP
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:57:29 -0400
If someone with global permissions on the map directory were
to invoke nv6000 with the option ' -map TEST1' , I believe that map
would be created on the fly. And I think there is an app-default
that might set the default map for a user to something other than
'default', and it might be set in their home directory rather than
in /usr/OV/app-defaults/OVw, which could perhaps also cause
a map to be created if it does not exist.

Well, this is certainly a mystery to me.

Do ovwls -G   from the command line and see what maps you have and who has
delete authority (probably root).
You can then start the GUI as root (or the owner) and repeat your delete
procedure, but you should make sure no one else has the TEST1 map open at the
time you do the delete.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU> on 08/30/99 11:57:36 AM