Re: Network Monitoring

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Network Monitoring
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@KARDINIA.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:20:27 +1000
Hi Oren,
You can set up the NetView data collector to poll MIB variables and then
you can use our product Kardinia Performance Reporter for NetView to
generate reports on metrics such as utilization, which it will compute from
the raw MIB variables.We're a Tivoli Partner and Kardinia Performance
Reporter is Tivoli certified at Foundation Level. Look at our web site
www.kardinia.com, where you can download it for a free 30 day trial, or
send me email for more information.

At 05:36 PM 9/15/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>I've been asked if netview ( v 5 on aix 4.2 ) has a monitoring features
>such as utilization etc. I know there some grafical feature but i
>couldn't find what i want.
>we have several Cisco Catalyst (5500 and 1900) switches and 3 Bay
>routers ( 1 asn and 2 an ).
>How can i measure the utilization per a switch port and a wan router
>interface ?
>
>Greetings, Oren.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software