Re: Trap interpretation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Trap interpretation
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 10:34:15 -0400
 If the origin of your trap is not being shown as a hostname, then that is
because gethostbyaddress did not return a name for the address. You can fix this
by adding this node to DNS or to /etc/hosts, whichever is appropriate.  If you
cannot modify DNS, because you do not own it, then you can create your own
/etc/hosts file for just these problem addresses and also provide an
/etc/netsvc.conf which says "hosts=local,bind" so that it will look at your
/etc/hosts first.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Sin Wai Yee, Maggie" <mwysin@KCRC.COM> on 09/16/99 11:01:47 PM