Installing Netview 5.0 on AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Installing Netview 5.0 on AIX
From: Jose L Babun <jbabun@GBM.NET>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:44:13 -0600
Hello everyone, I'm new on this Netview for AIX. I'm trying unsuccesful to
install
Netview V5.0 on AIX 4.2.1 or 4.3.2. I followed on the prerequisites establish in
the
release notes of the product like: installing framework, netview pacth, all
fileset required
for the operating system, etc. but when I 'm creating the Netview server, the
installation
script does not found the nv6000.base.obj fileset when is unpacking a *.pkt
file.
So the questions are, where are those nv6000 base filesets? Is there any way to
get
those installed manually? I reviewed  the Netview for Unix CD that I have and I
can not
found any nv6000 fileset to install unless those were in a *.pkt file.
Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

Jose L Babun
,
Phone: (503) 298-5011  Fax: (503) 298-2838  Email: jbabun@gbm.net