Re: Installing Netview 5.0 on AIX

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Installing Netview 5.0 on AIX
From: Jose Babun <jbabun@GBM.NET>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 15:04:16 GMT
Scott, thanks for your help. In my case I think is better to move to
Netview 5.1

Regards.

Jose L Babun
,
Phone: (503) 298-5011  Fax: (503) 298-2838  Email: jbabun@gbm.net

Scott Donohoo <scott.donohoo@TIVOLI.COM>@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu> on 20/09/99
07:04:27 PM

      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>

Sent by:  Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView
      <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>

To:    NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu
cc:

Hello Jose,

You will not be able to install NetView 5.0 on Framework 3.6. Only
NetView 5.1 and up will install on Framework 3.6. Without seeing the
logs I cannot be sure but this is probably the reason for your
installation failure.

NetView 5.0 will install on Framework 3.2 but is unsupported in any
case. As James said, the only course of action we can recommend is
upgrading to NetView 5.1.

--
Scott Donohoo
Tivoli L2 NetView Support