Re: Tivoli Netview y2k readiness

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tivoli Netview y2k readiness
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:34:23 -0400

That's basically correct.  But let's get the terminology straight.  Only V4 has
PTFs, because it is AIX-only.  V5 for UNIX works on Solaris, Digital, and there
is V5 for NT, so there are no PTFs whatever. PTFs only exist on IBM operating
systems. What  V5 has are maintenance releases (5.1.1 and 5.1.2 so far) so you
won't find any PTFs listed anywhere for any V5 issues.

V5.0 was Y2K certified before  it was released.  But you should be on Version
5.1, rather than 5.0, since there are no fixes available for 5.0 (all the
maintenance for 5.0 was packaged into 5.1)  so that if anything else is found,
you can apply a fix.
And of course, we recommend the latest level, 5.1.2.   If you are back-level
then it takes Support just that much longer to help you, should you need it.

For what is worth all testing of NetView since 1998 has included Y2K testing, so
both 5.1.1 and 5.1.2 were Y2K tested along with the rest of their functionality.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Juan Echevarria <echevarria@ES.IBM.COM> on 09/30/99 09:06:38 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>