Re: using IP ranges in seedfile

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: using IP ranges in seedfile
From: Adrian Spring <adrian.spring@ITPRO-AG.CH>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 08:49:47 +0200
James writes:
>If you have discovered the routers but no other nodes have shown
>up even though the range allows them, you will have to ping them. You
>can ping them yourself, or you can have netmon ping them for you by
>putting them in the seedfile.

That's what I did, I put several nodes into the seedfile additional to the
ranges, but nothing happend. I have an ATM card installed with two virtual
adapters connected to a emulated LAN and an Classic IP LAN. There are static
routes defined into these Networks and these are the only two ranges NV
really discover. Could it be an UNIX configuration problem? Any hints where
I can start searching?

Adrian