Antwort: Nodes not discovered

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Antwort: Nodes not discovered
From: Bart Benus <ceta_benusb@WESTLB.DE>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:21:25 +0100
Hi,

I had a similar experience (Netview did not discover any nodes any more).
Try looking for incomplete
entries in the database.

Were there any changes in the configuraton of nodes (status of the boxes
before / after upgrade) and
could this have led to double or inconsistent entries?

Our trouble started when a multi homed host  was split up and interfaces
re-appeared in the net as
different nodes with (other) multiple interfaces while for some reason an
incomplete entry for the old
configuration was still in the database.

After we cleaned this up, all was well again.

"D. Stephenson" <debbie_stephenson@UK.IBM.COM> on 28.10.99 10:38:54

Bitte antworten an Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on
      NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>