Re: HELP! Paging Problems With Netview v5.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: HELP! Paging Problems With Netview v5.1
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:56:44 -0500
David -

Because of your append yesterday I played with this and admintool on Solaris
(though I did not have a modem set up to do a complete test).  My first
suggestion is that you make sure you are running nvpagerd with the -d option so
that it will do a complete trace.

Next I used admintool and under "Browse" I selected "Serial Ports".  Then I
selected ttya.  I configured it  as Terminal Type: Modem - Dial Out Only  and
clicked "Expert" to show more options.  I then set "Options" to "Initialize
Only" and just to make sure I blanked out "Login Prompt".  Then I clicked "OK".
I configured /usr/OV/conf/nvpager.config to use ttya but let everything else
default (5853.modem 7,e,1, etc).  Then I restarted nvpagerd and voila, I got all
the way down to where we send the init string to the modem.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Clay David (rti1dwc)" <rti1dwc@ISMD.UPS.COM> on 11/17/99 12:30:30 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>