Re: Event logs limitation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Event logs limitation
From: Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:18:21 -0500
Joe are you setting up the trapd daemon to archive traps?
It sounds like you didn't run the canned script that does this, under
the following...
I use the TIVOLI Netview desktop under Configure > Set options for
daemons > Set option for event and trap processing daemons > Set option
for trapd daemon.. Once you get here read HELP to explain how to archive
traps.
You should never lose any traps unless you specify the file space limit
in the above setup. Also the specific traps you want to log, must have
"logging enabled" under Event Configuration.
I am running on Solaris but would assume you could do the same.

Hope this helps.

Jeff Fitzwater
CIT Systems & Networking
Princeton University