Command Line Interface for Map Customisation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Command Line Interface for Map Customisation
From: "SZEWCZYK, Jack" <jszewczyk@WESTPAC.COM.AU>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 13:48:22 +1100
Hi,

My problem:
We have over 1100 branches (as a bank branch) which we will
be polling using Netview servers (typical branch = cisco router+ hub+ NT
server etc) .
I  want to poll only routers and hubs.

If I create a seed file with only a part of
our branch network devices -  "IP Internet" view becomes very "crowded" with
subnet symbols. I am looking for some way of automating a process
of manually moving the IP subnet symbols + devices into appropriate
containers/location symbols. Ideally I would prefer not to use GUI but
to use a comand line which would move let's, say: all devices 10.200.*.* to
Queensland
location symbol.
Is it possible?
Is it possible to modify object properties in Netview database so the object
gets moved to another view/location?

I know I can run discovery in stages, eg. add some extra nodes to seed file
and re-run "netmon -y". It just desn't seem right ;-)

Regards,

Jack

Jack Szewczyk                    |  email: jszewczyk@westpac.com.au
Network Systems Administrator    |
Westpac Banking Corporation      +---------------------------------

Level 2, 72 Christie Street      |   phone: +61 2 9902 6497
St Leonards NSW 2065/AUSTRALIA   |   fax:   +61 2 9902 5111