Re: NetView Background Maps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView Background Maps
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:10:59 -0500
This question has come up a lot lately. I wonder why?

There are several formats of gif files. You need one that was saved
in the GIF87a format. Any tool can be used to create it, but you will need
convert it to this format. Products mentioned lately that have this
capability:
Paint Shop Pro, LView Pro, and Photo Shop. The first two you can download
evaluation copies from the vendor's websites.

Detroit

Hi everyone.
Has anybody tried making a customize  background map for a NetView submap?
The background map should be in GIF  format.  So I downloaded a GIF map
from the internet.
I copied that file to  /usr/OV/background.
But when I set the graphics as a  background it returns "File not found"
error although it is there in  the directory together with other default
maps.
Viewing my GIF map from Netscape is  OK.
How come NetView does not recognize  it?
We are using TME 10 NetView 5.1 for  AIX.
Nathaniel "Jog" R.  Aliño