Re: stupid question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: stupid question
From: Patrick McNeil <patrick_mcneil@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:36:14 -0600
You should be able to use the NetView Interface Down trap (Under the
netView6000 Enterprise, the event name is IBM_NVIDWN_EV Specific trap
58916867).  What I have implemented is similar to what you are doing.  I
correlate interface down to interface up messages.  We are doing it on a 10
minute basis (with NetView polling every 5 minutes).  This seems to work the
best for our network.

Patrick