Re: stupid question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: stupid question
From: Patrick McNeil <patrick_mcneil@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 13:25:14 -0600
We made a Pearl script to parse the Interface information out and regenerate
a trap into NetView (under a custom trap event) and then correlate/page on
that event.

It would have been much easier (and cleaner) if Netview would have just sent
the Interface name instead of the entire message as the third value in the
trap.

Patrick