Re: Reg Bandwidthutilhdx Mib - Netview NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Reg Bandwidthutilhdx Mib - Netview NT
From: M Robert Prakash <robertprakash@CHENNAI.TCS.CO.IN>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:30:18 +0530
Hi

Thanks again for your response.I tried the "at"  command,it did not list
snmpodump, but it had two entries for nvsniffer.We are not ready for Tivoli
Decision support yet.My responsibility now is to monitor the serial ports of
about 8 routers we have and then produce reports on Bandwidth utilization.May be
I can collect data in longer time intervals,say every four hours and produce
monthly or weekly reports.I have found that I can compress the collected data
using snmpodump command.Last time I tried that,but it produced erroneous data.I
have purged my database and started again and  since yesterday it has been
collecting hourly data.May be I will try snmpodump again.Its a bit embarassing
for me for not being  able to produce proper reports as we have also got an
evaluation copy of Spectrum with us and it seems to be very good at producing
reports.

Is there a way of integrating the data collect with an RDBMS.The database guide
I possess has details only of Netview for Unix where RIM comes in to play.I
already have Access installed but I am not able to open the Snmpcollect_db.mdb
file present  in the usr/ov/databases/odbc directory.I even copied it somewhere
else with a different name,it was still not opening.The error was the I did not
have proper database rights to access that.Any clues...

With Best Regards

Robert

Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM> on 02/08/2000 03:14:11 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.ucsb.edu>