TMNC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: TMNC
From: Michele Curzi <michele_curzi@IT.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:27:31 +0100
Hi all,
My environment is Tivoli framework 3.2, Netview 5.1, AIX 4.2.1, OPtivity 8.1,
SPMA 3.2 and TMNC(Tivoli manager for network connectivity) 1.0

I need to send to TEC 3.1.1 Node Down root cause by TMNC but it doesn't
recognize Cabletron Smart switch 6000 as event class IC_SWITCH_UNAVAILABLE but
instead as IC_HOST_UNAVAILABLE so TMNC frequently doesn't recognize the root
cause.
In addition to this, the TMNC sees PC  events Node Down as IC_HOST_UNAVAILABLE
but I need to filter them without the filter TECAD_IPFM.conf.
Anybody knows answers?

Thank you in advances

Michele Curzi
IBM Global Services - ITS