Re: How to integrate two NOC's - Openview and Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to integrate two NOC's - Openview and Netview
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 13:58:31 -0500
Other considerations: well, you will need to find out what special things
have been
configured on the HP and migrate them to the Netview box. Don't forget new
node
discovery. The Netview server will have to do all of the discovery and then
hand off
the status polling through the MLM. The Openview may have been using a
filter to
control discovery. That function can be replicated using the netmon
seedfile.  They
may have some event customization that you will need to migrate, either to
the MLM,
or to the netview server (no ruleset processor on Openview as far as I
know).  You
will need to migrate the snmp configuration (communities, timeouts, etc)
both to the
MLM and to Netview. The communities on the MLM will come from an export
that you
put there. I'm not sure about the timeouts. They may be configured directly
in the MLM.

Anybody else?

Detroit

Thanks for your help Leslie,
I have tried changing the MLM assigned subnet, from the collection editor
and it seems to pick all the elements correctly. Perhaps someone can give a
clue about the other two questions:

My questions are:
1) How can be achieved a better transition from Openview to Netview. My
plan
is to install a Netview MLM module on the HP node, what other things can be
considered ?
2) How is MLM working on HP-UX. ? Has someone had practical experiences ?

Regards/Saludos

 Francisco Gurrea-Nozaleda
Telefonica Sistemas
fgurrea@ts.es