How to integrate two NOC's - Openview and Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How to integrate two NOC's - Openview and Netview
From: fgurrea <fgurrea@ts.es>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:14:58 +0100
We have two different NOC's, I will describe:

NOC A) Platform HP-UX 10.2, Openview's NNM 4, ITO 3.2, CiscoWorks 4.0
Manages network equippment (Cisco mostly), 800 servers: HP-UX and SUN.

NOC B) Platform AIX, TME10 Netview 5.1.1, Patrol 3.3, SNA Server, Netview
FTP
Manages 20 AIX Servers with System Monitor (SIA, and MLM), 200 NT servers
with Patrol,

Our management direction, want to have a new single NOC integrating A)and
B). We are planning this NOC (NOC C) to have:
Platform AIX (2 S7A nodes with HACMP), TME 10 Netview, Patrol, Command/Post
(will be the manager of managers), Patrol and CiscoWorks.
We have chosen AIX because we have some in-house developped software
(Inventory, Software Distribution) that we want to keep. (That's the reason
why we don't need a Framework in this moment). Also we perfer AIX because of
better integration with SNA, CICS and MQ-Series.
Initially we are planning to replace the NNM in B) with a MLM for HP-UX
module in charge of managing the elements that NNM used to. The destination
trap of B) network elements wont have to be changed.

My questions are:
1) Someone has other tested alternatives for doing the integration on AIX?
2) How is MLM working on HP-UX. ?
3) MLM assignment: If I understood correctly MLM's assume management of IP
adresses within their own LAN segment. How can B) MLM be assigned to manage
the whole B) network and not just its own LAN segment ?.

Regards/Saludos

Francisco Gurrea-Nozaleda
Telefonica Sistemas
fgurrea@ts.es