Re: Implementing Netview on HA

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Implementing Netview on HA
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2ND-WAVE.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 10:42:39 -0600
"Ferreira, Linda" wrote:

> Has anyone implemented Netview successfully on an HA (high availability)
> platform?  Particularly Netview 5.1.1 .
> Any thoughts, suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated

Yes, I've done it because a customer insisted.

Having said that, I would never architect an HA configuration for
Netview.   If you're going to buy multiple machines, you're much better
off using multiple managers in a Backup Manager configuration.   (It's
described in Chapter 6 of the Netview Admin guide).

Backup Managers give you load balancing, along with more flexibility in
terms of topology, and better fault resilience.