REMOVED: entry in object database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: REMOVED: entry in object database
From: Art DeBuigny <debuigny@DALLAS.NET>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:21:26 -0600
Okay  Here is the situation

We had to change the hostname of an item in NetView.  When we edited the
hostname in the hosts file, we ran a demand poll, which usually updates
the selection name and label.  It didn't work.  We then deleted the
object from all submaps, and tried to re-add it using loadhosts.  Only
problem is, it never deleted it from the object database.  Instead, I
fouind an object with REMOVED:10.10.10.10 (not the real IP) in the
database.

We don't want to run ovtopofix, etc., everytime we do stuff like this.
Is there a way to clean these items out of the object database so that
we can readd them.

Also, has anyone had problems getting a demand poll to change the name
when a new hostname has been resolved for a device.

Thanks

Art DeBuigny
debuigny@dallas.net
Bank of America Network Operations