Re: REMOVED: entry in object database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: REMOVED: entry in object database
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 07:31:29 -0500
Art -
If all you changed was the hostname, then demand poll should fix that.  It
always has for me provided the new name is the one returned by name resolution
so I don't know why it did not work in your case.

But when an objects says "Removed" it means that it was deleted from the GUI but
that it has some non-NetView fields added to it, which have not been removed.
Usually these are added by a third-party app and to remove them you need to
follow that third party's removal procedure first.  Does that apply here?   You
can also create this situation with nvdbimport. Unfortunately once a "Locate"
capability field is added to an object, there is no simple way to remove it, and
if you want to override the restrictions, then ovtopofix is your only choice.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Art DeBuigny <debuigny@DALLAS.NET> on 02/18/2000 03:21:26 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>