Re: REMOVED: entry in object database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: REMOVED: entry in object database
From: John Creasey <creasey@OZEMAIL.COM.AU>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:06:25 +1100
ovtopofix -r <object_name>
will remove anything from the object database.
It's an unsupported feature but it works fine.

To rename a box I have found the best trick is to put the new name
in the hosts file before the old name, that way the old name
still resolves but the ip address resolves to the new name.
Then do a demandpoll and the object should change names.