Re: Netview vs. HP Openview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview vs. HP Openview
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:59:58 -0800
Well, from what I've heard, here are some advantages/disadvantages.

I'd confirm them with someone that knows Openview a little better though.
My Openview experience is a few years old.

Putting it another way -- these are my guess-timates.
Don't consider them as fact without additional checking.

Its a start though...

Advantage NetView:
        Developer kit is included in base pricing.
        Licensing Is Easier
        Paging is supported     (I don't think openview has integrated
paging)
        Subnet alert-suppression supported (V6)
        Smartsets
        nvsniffer functionality  (NT version)